APPLIED HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
This course deals with a practical applications and skills necessary for human resource managers to effectively work with faculty and staff. Concepts and approaches for planning and implementing activities for effective human resource management will be explored. The course will examine specific personnel functions such as recruitment, job analysis and design, staffing, training and performance management, employee development and retention.
- To equip students with the expertise and skills necessary to strategically manage an organization’s standards to human resources planning, hiring and retention of personnel, professional development, and personnel policies and issues
- To give students practical knowledge and skills of development in professional growth in interpersonal and collaborative skills that promote teamwork and positive interactions with individuals and groups.
- Students who complete this course will gain an understanding of the key principles and theories of job analysis dealing in determining the training needs, analysis of employees to get the desired output.
- Students who complete this program are offered skills-based training in such areas performance management, human resource training, employee development and staffing as making them industry-bound for successful careers in business, government, profit and non-profit organizations.
Upon completion of the course;
- Students will be able to identify, explain and apply concepts and skills in recruitment and selection, job evaluation, performance appraisal, compensation management and job designing and redesigning.
- Students will be able to apply measurement and evaluation techniques in performance management and appraisal systems.
- Students will be able to develop and demonstrate staffing plans in organizations.
- Students will be able to classify and analyze the elements of human resource training, employee development and retention.
- Students will be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and of computer softwares used to solve problems in human resource management in varied environments and settings.
- APPLICATION OF HUMAN RESOURCE CONCEPTS & PRINCIPLES
>>>This module generally deals with the application of fundamental concepts and processes in the internal structure of an HR Department, responsibilities and roles, strategic HR, computer software programs, HR strategy formulation and implementation in the set-up of varied organizations and diverse industries.
- JOB ANALYSIS AND DESIGN TECHNIQUES
>>> This module aims at developing students’ abilities in a range of professional human resource relations tasks such as workflow analysis and organization structure, job analysis methods, job design, writing of job description and specifications.
- STAFFING TECHNIQUES FOR HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONALS
>>> This module specifically discusses a wide variety of staffing tasks of managers such as sourcing and recruiting, hiring and retention practices, exit practices, alternative staffing models and legal and regulatory issues.
- HUMAN RESOURCE TRAINING AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
>>>This module will generally equip students with practical knowledge and understanding of the practices and processes of human resource training and performance management tasks such as performance appraisals, management systems and cycle, training designs programs, approaches to performance measurement and feedback.
- EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT AND RETENTION
>>> This module explores the skills, approaches and practice of career and development planning, employee career development, mentoring, coaching and succession planning, managing involuntary and voluntary turnover, measuring and monitoring job satisfaction.
No Reviews found for this course.