APPLIED MECHANICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
This course seeks to provide students with applied expertise in the execution of the designs created for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, plumbing systems, elevators and electrical power generation systems at the site per the approved drawings and methods.
- To provide practical skills in the implementation of the designs for heating, ventilation and air- conditioning systems of a building and its installation.
- To equip students with applied knowledge that can be used in the fixing of plumbing systems as per the design specifications of a building.
- To train students to gain the technical know-how of how to fix elevator and heat transfer systems of a building.
- To help students to install electrical power, lightning and communication systems of a construction project and apply these skills in the job industry.
- To help students to gain practical skills of managing engineering projects through planning, budgeting, resource management, execution and control
Having successfully completed this course, the student should be able to;
- Implement and execute the design drawings for the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems of a building.
- Implement and install filtered water systems, liquid-flow systems and drainage systems for wastewater in terms of the plumbing works of a building.
- Apply the skills gained in installing electrical power, lightning and communication systems of a building.
- To use the procedures that will be taught in the installation of elevator systems in terms of fixing the gears, communication, flooring, panel-displays and lightning systems of an elevator system in a building.
- Plan, budget, control and execute resource management of mechanical system designs implementation.
- HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR-CONDITIONING SYSTEMS
This module seeks to provide students with practical skills in the installation of ventilation systems using mechanical/ forced and natural methods
Heating systems via central heating and air-conditioning systems via the heat removal method.
- PLUMBING SYSTEMS
This models seeks to provide students with practical work related to the installation of water supply and distribution, sanitary piping, soil piping, waste piping, ventilation, house drain systems, plumbing valves and plumbing fixtures of a building.
The key aim of this module is for students to know the technical know-how of the installation of elevator gears, communication systems, flooring, panel displays and lightning systems of an elevator.
- ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEMS
This module seeks to help students to gain the practical skills of the implementation of designs and fixing of electrical power systems, lightning systems and communications systems for a building.
- HEAT TRANSFER SYSTEMS
This models seeks to provide students with practical work related to the installation of steady state and transient heat transfer systems.
- ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT
This module would provide students with practical skills involving the technical feasibility studies, validation, development, costing and economic analysis involving the installation of mechanical systems of a building onsite.
No Reviews found for this course.