TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICES OPERATIONS
Network & Telecommunications Services operations course is concerned with information systems, telecommunications technology, computer technology, business practices, policy issues, and psychological/social considerations involved in voice, data, and electronic transmissions. This course prepares students to enter the telecommunications industry in entry-level positions with adequate preparation to assume management positions once work experience is gained giving students a technical understanding of computer networks and telecommunication systems as well as an appreciation of the economic and public policy issues that are important in the design and development of local and wide area networks, as well as national and multinational telecommunication systems. The course provides practical management and technical skills required in operating telecommunication organizations, preparing students to solve real problems applying methods of analysis related to the telecommunications industry, as they pertain to consumers, suppliers, and retailers of services.
- To prepare students to enter the telecommunications industry in entry-level positions with adequate preparation to assume management positions once work experience is gained.
- To help students understand business practices and processes related to operations of telecommunications organizations giving them an understanding of various aspects of using telecommunications technologies.
- To give students a technical knowledge of information systems processes used in network and telecommunications industry with a solid understanding of the design and development of local and wide area networks , as well as national and multinational telecommunications systems.
- To equip students with skills and knowledge with which they can fit into positions such as network designer, data network supervisor, telecommunications analyst, business support specialist, communications specialist, and systems security analysts in typical telecommunications organizations.
Upon successful completion of this course, students gain;
- A practical knowledge and understanding with particular emphasis on ethics, communications, and problem solving with working knowledge of telecommunications technologies.
- An operational knowledge of the information systems processes used in telecommunication systems and a technical understanding of the design and development of local and wide area networks and national and multinational telecommunications systems.
- A practical knowledge and understanding of the economics, regulatory, and public policy aspects of the telecommunications industry.
- A working knowledge of business practices and procedures related to telecommunications industries with a clear understanding of the psychological, social, and cultural aspects of using telecommunications technology.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY OPERATIONS
>>>This module generally deals with conceptual and regulatory frameworks of telecommunications industry, discussing varied aspects of operations of the industry including economic and financial environments, political risks and legislative limitations, service delivery and quality analysis, comparative and competitive environment, industry practices etc.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS ORGANIZATIONS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
>>> This module discusses topics such as leadership and organizational structures, conflict management, Lateral thinking, human resources development, corporate Image building, Succession planning, Performance management systems, Accounting and financial reporting practices, strategy development etc.
- NETWORK DESIGN AND EXPANSION PROCESSES
>>> This course module deals with various aspects of network design, access network deployment and expansion, fixed network design, deployment and expansion, Mobile network design, deployment and expansion, Network planning and optimization etc.
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND MARKETING SKILLS
>>>This module deals with general business policies, competitive intelligence, business intelligence and tactics, Sales and Marketing strategies and skills, decision making, understanding customer behavior and needs, customer relationship management, changing from technology-centric to customer-centric approaches etc.
- INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS STANDARDS & PRACTICES
>>>This module deals with varied aspects of telecommunications from a global perspective covering topics like international Telecommunications standards, regulatory mechanisms, spectrum management, interoperability, consumer protection, telecommunications dispute resolutions, universally accepted management practices, international contracts, partnerships and mergers etc.
No Reviews found for this course.