- To equip students with the expertise and skills necessary to strategically manage an organization’s communication with its publics, with the Public relations components stressing on relationship management, while Advertising combines the management and creative aspects of persuasive communication.
- To give students practical knowledge and skills of development, implementation and evaluation of research-based PR and advertising programs and campaigns.
- Students who complete this course will gain an understanding of the key principles and theories of public relations and advertising and an appreciation of the ethical requirements of responsible practice in these media-related fields.
- Students who complete this program are offered skills-based training in such areas as speechwriting, media relations, crisis management and creative strategies making them industry-bound for successful careers in business, government, non-profit organizations and/or associations etc.
Upon completion of the course;
- Students will be able to identify, explain and apply conceptual and historical foundations of public relations and advertising disciplines as they relate to informational, relational, and persuasion theories, concepts and models.
- Students will be able to apply measurement and evaluation techniques to products, projects and programs using enhanced practical skills to construct and analyze audience research, media research, and environmental scanning.
- Students will be able to develop and demonstrate strategic PR and advertising plans and planning methods, issues management techniques, and message development practices in a variety of settings and applications.
- Students will be able to classify and analyze the elements of ethical decision making to hypothetical and real world settings, as well as articulating the ethical, legal and social responsibilities of public communications and advertising professionals.
- Students will be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of speech writing, public speaking and production of advertising materials to inform, persuade, build relationships, and solve problems in varied environments and settings.