- To equip students with practical accounting skills and knowledge to enable them prepare and analyze financial statements and reports used in determining how best to manage monetary assets.
- To provide students with basic understanding of the conceptual framework for financial and managerial accounting, giving them a grasp on fundamental factors influencing financial performance.
- To help students identify and discuss the underlying assumptions, major principles and modifying conventions of accounting.
- To teach students the basics of carrying out proper assessment of financial situations and exploring the methods and ideas behind financial and management accounting and reporting systems in order to determine the best course of action.
- To help students understand how statistical tools and financial models interact with accounting data to influence management controls, auditing and reporting systems.
- To give students an understanding of the conceptual framework of basic tax planning and administration as it relates to strategic business planning and analysis.