- To provide students with practical know-how about how to create designs for structural elements such as roof, walls, openings and light and space systems of a building.
- To equip students with practical skills on the preparation of construction design cost budget in terms of the completion of schematic designs, design development and construction document phases.
- To help students to gain practical skills related to the safety procedures observed when designing structural systems.
- To train students to consider management practice procedure that architects must consider and endorse plan assessment of project design and process.
Having successfully completed this course, the student should be able to
- Produce design drawing and specifications for structural systems of a building
- Prepare construction design cost estimate throughout the design process.
- Apply practical safety measures during the design process, development and construction document phase.
- Incorporate the study of management practice within the framework of architecture as a profession in the construction industry.
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN
The key aim of this module is to provide students with the practical skills of creating structural designs for walls, roofs, openings and light and space systems
- COST AND ESTIMATE ANALYSIS
This module seeks to provide practical skills involved with the cost of construction at the construction site in terms of the completion of schematic designs, design development and construction document phases.
- CONSTRUCTION SAFETY
This models seeks to provide students with practical skills related to the safety procedures observed at a construction site.
- STRUCTURAL MANAGEMENT
This module will help students to apply the practical skills of the various management techniques of an architecture practice including marketing, financial planning and accounting, risk management and quality management.