- To provide students with practical knowhow of the creation of designs for electrical grounding systems of a building.
- To train students on practical skills of making designs for electrical alarm systems.
- To equip students with the practical knowledge of designing power generation systems in an electrical system of a building.
- To help students in the creation of schematics for electrical communication systems and lightning protection systems.
Having successfully completed this course, the student will be able to;
- To produce designs for electrical ground systems and communication systems.
- To apply the theoretical design information of alarm system in designing fire alarm, CCTV and Access control systems of a building.
- To implement design structures of electrical power generation systems in the construction of a building.
- To create designs for lightning protection systems for a building.
- GROUNDING SYSTEM DESIGN
The key aim of this module is for students to learn how to create designs for grounding systems for electrical systems of buildings.
- ALARM SYSTEMS DESIGN
This models seeks to put in place practical work related to the creation of designs for fire alarm systems, CCTV systems and Access control systems.
- COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
This module deals with the design of electrical communication transmitter, communication and receiver systems, their specifications and layout.
- POWER GENERATION SYSTEMS
This module provide students with hands-on experience of the design of power generation systems, such as generators, transformers, electric motors, circuit breakers, relays and transmission lines which is used to generate the electrical power of a building structure and their specifications and layout.
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEMS
This module will educate students on practical skills related to the design of lightning rod/air terminal, conductor cables and ground rods to ensure safety to a building.