- To provide students with practical knowhow of the fixing of electrical grounding systems of a building.
- To train students on practical skills of installing equipments for electrical alarm systems.
- To equip students with the practical knowledge of executing power generation systems in an electrical system of a building.
- To help students in the installation of electrical communication systems and lightning protection systems of a building.
Having successfully completed this course, the student will be able to;
- To implement designs and fix equipments for electrical grounding and communication systems.
- To apply the installation information of alarm system in fixing fire alarm, CCTV and access control systems of a building.
- To implement design structures and install electrical power generation systems in the construction of a building.
- To install devices for lightning protection systems for a building.
- GROUNDING SYSTEMS
The key aim of this module is for students to learn how to install ground rods, compression coupler, fence clamp, ground rod clamps and ground plates for electrical systems of buildings
- ALARM SYSTEMS
This models seeks to provide students with practical skills related to the installation of control panels, motion sensors, cameras, door and window sensors for fire alarm systems, CCTV systems and access control systems of a building
- COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
This module deals with the installation of electrical communication transmitter, communication channels and receiver systems of a building electrical system.
- POWER GENERATION SYSTEMS
This module provide students with hands-on experience of the installation of power generation systems, such as generators, transformers, electric motors, circuit breakers, relays and transmission lines which is used to generate the electrical power of a building.
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEMS
This module will educate students on practical skills related to the fixing of lightning rod/air terminal, conductor cables and ground rods to ensure safety to a building.