- To provide students with practical skills in how to preserve drugs in a drug store.
- To train students to gain practice in the keeping of records of receipts and issues in addition to the preparation of budgets for the drugs in the store.
- To equip students with practical applications of dispensing the prescribed drugs to patients.
- To help students to practice hands-on-experience of the advertisement and marketing of drugs to improve the sales of these products at the pharmacy store.
- To provide student with operational skills of the preparation of financial documents, reports and budget of drugs at the pharmacy store.
- To help students to understand the management system of a pharmacy store.
Having successfully completed this course, the student will be able to
- Measure the proper amounts of medication for drug prescriptions of patients to avoid drug abuse.
- Research and apply the proposed prescription on drug package and label prescriptions.
- Organize drug store inventory system to know when to get new supplies for the pharmacy store.
- Prepare financial documents, reports and budget of drugs at the pharmacy store.
- Advertise and promote drugs to improve the sales of these products at the pharmacy store.
- Plan, validate, prepare cost and economic analysis and develop strategies for the management of the drugs and the pharmacy store.
- DRUG DISPENSATION
This module seeks to put students through practical skills in the proper ways of record keeping and inventory of drugs and the proper procedures to dispense prescribed drugs to patients.
- DRUG STORAGE CONDITIONS
This module will provide students with practice in the storage methods for storing specific drugs in a pharmacy store which includes cold storage conditions, cool temperature conditions, room temperature conditions, warm temperature conditions, excessive heat conditions.
- DRUG PACKAGE AND LABEL PRSCRIPTIONS
This module will provide students with practical skills in applying the label prescription in terms of the prescribed dosage which can be found on drug packaging information.
- DRUG COST AND FINANCE ANALYSIS
This module will provide students with operational procedures for the preparation of financial documents, reports and budget of drugs at the pharmacy store.
- DRUG MARKETING SYSTEMS
This module will provide students with practical applications of the advertisement and promotion of drug products to improve sales at the pharmacy store.
- PHARMACY MANAGEMENT
This module deals with the practical know-how involving the planning, validation, growth, practical feasibility studies, costing and economic analysis of drugs and the pharmacy store as a whole.