- To equip students with the expertise and skills necessary to negotiate with suppliers and manage supplier performance and contracts.
- To give students practical knowledge and skills in purchasing process, methods and concepts.
- Students who complete this course will gain an understanding of the key skills and concepts to be applied in procurement management.
- Students who complete this program are offered skills-based training in procurement legal compliance, risk management and staff supervision techniques making them industry-bound for successful careers in business, government, profit and non-profit organizations.
Upon completion of the course;
- Students will be able to identify, explain and apply concepts and skills in the purchasing process.
- Students will be able to apply procurement management techniques and legal policies in organizations.
- Students will be able to apply contract negotiation skills, staff supervision and risk management techniques in procurement management.
- Students will be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and of computer softwares used to solve problems in in procurement management and apply quality management tools for improvement.