RESORT MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
This course is designed to provide students with a broad perspective of evolving areas of resort management, giving students practical knowledge of the core concepts and principles of the field, as well as supple skills that will prepare them for roles in the resort industry emphasizing on organizational strategy and leadership, marketing, departmental operations, and organizational structure, with discussions on training, human development and customer relations, employee incentive schemes, strategy and policy development and analysis etc.
- To equip students with general business knowledge and skills covering Ethics, Budgeting, Planning, Staffing, Directing, Controlling and Evaluating and its application in the typical resort setting to affect profits, business growth and strategic development..
- To give students practical knowledge and understanding of the application of accounting and financial management practices in typical resort organizations and how to use these information to make decisions to impact on business sustainability.
- To give students a hands-on understanding of Food and Beverage Management and Controls with operational knowledge of Marketing and Sales, Human Resources Management and all aspects of managing a resort successfully.
Upon completion of this course;
- Students will be able to demonstrate basic working knowledge of all areas of managing a typical resort including: Lodging, Food & Beverage, facilities and logistics, Marketing & Sales etc.
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of Supervision in a typical resort setting applying technical skills and knowledge related to the operation of a Lodging Front Office and Housekeeping Management.
- Students will be able to demonstrate understanding and practical application of accounting and financial management practices in typical resort organizations.
- Students will be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Food and Beverage Management and Controls with operational knowledge of Marketing and Sales, Human Resources Management and all aspects of managing a resort successfully.
- Students will be able to demonstrate general business knowledge and skills in the areas of Ethics, Budgeting, Planning, Staffing, Directing, Controlling and Evaluating.
- RESORT BUSINESS OPERATIONS
>>>This course covers various aspects of operating a resort business applying concepts and ideals; covering administrative processes, human resources, planning, organizing, scheduling and managing logistics as well as facilities engineering, giving students hands-on knowledge and understanding of how a typical resort business operates.
- ACCOUNTING PRACTICES IN RESORT OPERATIONS
>>> This module takes student through the various management steps involved in developing a financially successful resort business offering students real-world knowledge of the methods and principles for accurately pricing services, controlling costs, and maximizing profits; from a managerial point of view to keep costs low and maximize profits with financial management and reporting standards as focal areas of this module.
- MARKETING RESORT SERVICES
>>>This module gives the student an understanding of practical application of sales and marketing concepts, principles and strategies to increase patronage and revenue that translates into profitability and sustainability in a typical resort business setting.
- HOUSE KEEPING & INENTORY MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
>>>This module deals with the general operations and practices of housekeeping management emphasizing on chemical usage, inventory and laundry management, safety and security with analysis and discussions on creativity in housekeeping trends and standards.
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
>>>This course examines the structure and management of food and beverage operation within a resort setting with special attention given to the cost flow within the operation, basic menu design, purchasing, receiving, storeroom operations and production planning and control. Students will also understand and be able to apply the concept of food cost, issues in menu pricing, and elements of food service facility layout and design.
- COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN RESORT BUSINESS OPERATIONS
>>> This course will explain to the student, modern software applications needed in the operation of a typical resort business setting; including databases, spreadsheets and word processing. The student will acquire technical skills on the process of collecting information to be used in resort business operations.
No Reviews found for this course.