- To equip students with the expertise and skills necessary to analyze total system costs in supply chains, how to use various forecasting techniques.
- To give students practical knowledge and skills of development in professional growth in supply chain management performance and metrics tasks.
- Students who complete this course will gain an understanding of the key skills and concepts to be applied in supply chain information systems.
- Students who complete this program are offered skills-based training in such areas such as customer relationship and service management, demand management, order fulfillment, manufacturing flow and supplier relationship management, product development, commercialization and returns management making them industry-bound for successful careers in business, government, profit and non-profit organizations.
Upon completion of the course;
- Students will be able to identify, explain and apply concepts and skills in the manufacturing operations of a firm.
- Students will be able to apply sales and operations planning, MRP and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Students will be able to apply logistics and purchasing concepts to improve supply chain operations.
- Students will be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and of computer softwares used to solve problems in human resource management in supply chain management and apply quality management tools for process improvement.
- APPLICATION OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
>>>This module generally deals with the application of fundamental concepts and principles in the supply chain management and customer, strategic sourcing, intra-organization linkages, common organization structures and fundamental roles of managers in the manufacturing and service firms in the set-up of varied organizations and diverse industries.
- FORECASTING AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
>>> This module aims at developing students’ abilities in a range of professional forecasting and inventory management tasks such as forecasting techniques such as measurement of performance, demand forecasting, inventory metrics and cost.
- SUPPLY CHAIN PROCESSES FOR PROFESSIONALS
>>> This module specifically discusses a wide variety of supply chain tasks of managers such as customer relationship and service management, demand management, order fulfillment, manufacturing flow and supplier relationship management, product development, commercialization and returns management.
- SUPPLY CHAIN INFORMATION SYSTEMS
>>>This module will generally equip students with practical knowledge and understanding of the practices and processes of supply chain information systems tasks such as administration of computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems in supply chain management.
- SUPPLY CHAIN PERFORMANCE AND METRICS
>>> This module explores the skills, approaches and practice of supply chain performance and metrics tasks such as schedule adherence, quality performance, cost reduction, forecast accuracy and productivity of manpower techniques.