- To equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary for building organizations restructuring and reshaping the ecosystems they inhabit so as to address societal problems and seize social opportunities more effectively.
- Touching on the nature of capital and funding sources, as well as governance issues, with a critical examination of leadership and management challenges from the perspective of investors, and board members students get a realistic understanding and appreciation of what is generally required to ensure that the social enterprise operates effectively while still protecting the interests of stakeholders focusing ultimately in creating social change.
- To equip students with the knowledge and technical understanding of applying business skills to impact society by creating change and solving social problems.
Upon completion of this course, students;
- Will be equipped with applied managerial skills and knowledge that will help them to navigate with multiple conflicting goals, fragmented capital markets and diverse funding sources, as well as complex challenges of defining and measuring performance applying disciplined, strategic management and leadership expertise.
- Will be able to create a comprehensive plan for exercising entrepreneurial leadership in the social enterprise setting.
- Will be equipped with practical knowledge and understanding of concepts and theories that will strengthen their diagnostic, evaluation, and planning skills as social entrepreneurs and public leaders to address important social problems.
- Will understand the “entrepreneurial mindset” and develop a deeper sense of self as an entrepreneurial leader with an appreciation of the frameworks and honed skill sets necessary to act as change agents through social innovation.
- SOCIAL ENTERPRENEURSHIP CONCEPTS & PRACTICES
>>>This course module give students understanding of concepts, principles and theories of social entrepreneurship with discussions on the application of these concepts to realistic social businesses to create change covering ; the development of a theory of change, with clear and concise view about the driving forces behind social entrepreneurship as well as the measurement, scaling and analysis of social impact.
- CREATING SOCIAL CHANGE
>>> This module deals with real and practical processes and procedures involved in causing change with value creation including envisioning an innovative society, analyzing the role of social innovation in integrated development, making a social value proposition and identifying a social business opportunity, partnering with the targeted community to address social problems
- SOCIAL BUSINESS MODELLING & INNOVATION
>>>This module deals with the innovative and business aspects of creating a social organization including identifying and creating a business model, developing strategies for funding the enterprise, marketing social ventures, building sustainable partnerships, working out overall development and success strategies, creating leadership structures, systems and processes for organic growth etc.
- LEADING AS A SOCIAL ENTERPRENUER
>>> This module is designed to enable students understand and harness the power of Social Entrepreneurship as behavior and practice. This course is divided into four main sections: Awakening, Exploring, Planning, and Sharing. Each section will include various lessons providing students with a pragmatic approach to learning the fundamental principles and application of Social Entrepreneurship.
- ETHICAL & LEGAL STANDARDS FOR SOCIAL ENTERPRISE PRACTICE
>>>This module gives students knowledge of the ethical and legal frameworks for establishing and developing social enterprises within the contexts of fund raising, financial reporting and auditing regulations, operational scope, and general activities of social ventures from an African perspective, highlighting the Ghanaian civil society landscape relative to international law and standard practices.